Track hits for subsites

May 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM

In the usage instructions, it is mentioned as follows.

"To know the hit count for all pages in site, you have to place the webpart in master page, so that the webpart code runs on every page where the visitor go and makes the unique entry in Statistics list"

I am not sure how it works for subsites with different site template than parent. For example, if parent site is using 'publishing' site template and has subsites with 'Team Site' template, 'Blank Site' template etc., master page from parent will not be propagated to subsites, right ? In that case, hit counter code will not run on subsites. Am I correct in that ? What would be the work around ?

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM
Edited Oct 25, 2010 at 7:43 AM

hey,

how do I place the webpart in the master page? Can someone please let me?

thanks,

madhukar

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Hi Madhukar,

Open the site master page in SharePoint Designer, then if you want to place the webpart in any specific location try to create a html table then in the TD section you can add the webpart by select Insert menu and add SharePoint webparts, good luck

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Hi All,

When I am trying to insert Hit Counter Webpart in master page using Sharepoint designer I am getting an error message

Error Rendering Control-Unnamed27

"An unhandled exception has occured. Object reference not set to an instance of an object"